Sunday 18 December 2011

Blood Warrior by H.D. Gordon


Blood Warrior [The Alexa Montgomery Saga #1]
By H.D Gordon

From  Goodreads:
When her home is attacked by murderous vampires, 17-year-old Alexa is forced to leave her mother for dead in order to save her sister. She soon learns that she is the last known member of an elite race of supernatural Warriors, and is thrust into a world full of vampires and werewolves who all seem to regard her as some sort of savior. Meanwhile, Alexa battles a monster within herself that seeks to gain control; a monster that seeks blood. 

The hidden city she finds herself in appears perfect, but Alexa's instincts tell her that all is not right within its walls. When she is asked to attend a school of fighters, whose exams consist of gladiator-style competitions, she must decide who she can trust among the smiling faces. And, when she meets Kayden, a vampire she feels undeniably drawn to, she must decide if she can trust herself.

Alexia’s Review:
This book is freaking EPIC! I honestly have no words - I finished Blood Warrior a few days ago, and I’ve been struggling to put my thoughts and feelings into words. I did not want this book to end - EVER!

Alexa is my hero. I take my hat off to her for pulling through and being so strong for herself and her sister during an extremely difficult and traumatic time in their lives. Alexa is an “I am Woman, hear me roar” kind of chick, that kicks ass and takes names. She totally rocked my world with her adventures and self discovery. She dominated big time!  

Kayden (AKA hotness monster dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with all things unbelievably sexy and tantalizing!)… he has a mysterious and dark vibe going on, which totally does it for me. The chemistry between Kayden and Alexa is awesome and mouth watering.

Jackson is so cute. I have to admit that the whole ‘darling’ pet name irritated me, but that’s just me – you know, I have a name… use it. He is so sweet and supportive towards Alexa and encourages her decisions.

H.D. Gordon… where have you been all my life? I seriously can’t wait for the next installment in this saga. This is most definitely an author and series I’ll be following!
Delicious – make mine a double

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time seeing this book. It looks terrific. Great review.
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete