Sunday 30 October 2011

Dark Lover #1 by J.R. Ward


Dark Lover [Black Dagger Brotherhood #1]
By J.R. Ward

Book order:
1.  Dark Lover
2.  Lover Eternal
3.  Lover Awakened
4.  Lover Revealed
5.  Lover Unbound
6.  Lover Enshrined
7.  Lover Avenged
8.  Lover Mine
9.  Lover Unleashed

From Goodreads:
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. 

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

Alexia’s Review:
I’ve had this series on my TBR list forever but just never got around to getting the books, that being said, I can’t believe I have waited this long to start with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series *gasps* - I know right? Ridiculous!!

J.R Ward is a great writer with an amazing way of getting the whole story across to the reader. There isn’t just 2 main characters in this book, although it focuses on those 2 specific characters more than the rest, but you also get a whole background story on the other characters – the good guys and the bad guys.

Dark Lover is the story of Beth and Wrath. I absolutely adore Wrath and Beth and love how they get together, their journey of finding one another takes you on a wild adventure. In this book you discover a whole new world of vampires and lessers.

I felt as if my emotions were on a rollercoaster ride while reading this extraordinary book, there were times where I laughed so hard at some of the phrases used by the brothers in the Brotherhood and times where I had a lump in my throat. Dark Lover has a delicious mix of humour, romance (and when I say romance – I mean ro-freaking-mance), sorrow and a lot of action (action as in ‘up in your face explosive’).

The brothers in the Brotherhood are … hmmm… HAWT! (yeah, you know me, always have to comment on the alpha males *giggles*) Oh my goodness – they can kidnap me anytime they want.

Delicious – make mine a double

15 comments:

  1. *wohoo* I told you the book is just awesome! And you have to read the other as well!! They are great, thought the first is just the best because it all starts with it. I love and adore the series AND the men in it. They are great and *yummy* :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! I agree - the men are awesome! I'm busy with the 4th book, I've decided to review the series as a whole instead of each book. I just can't stop reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you'really read fast :)
    And I'm glad that you like it so much as I do. But I'll review every single book, I have the feeling I owe the book this honor *lol*
    Which couple do you like the most so far?
    For me I guess its.. mh... its hard. I like Beth and Wrath but also Zsadist and Bella. I would have liked Rhage and Mary too, but he was a little anoying when he always said: 'oh mary, oh...' when the made love. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I do read super fast :) Wow... I can't decide which couple I like the best! Beth & Wrath are super cool and so far Zsadist & Bella made a big impression although he irritated me with the whole... sexual experience thing, but whatever it got better lol. Rhage & Mary I liked as well! I enjoyed the whole beast & Rhage part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I love a book and I'm totally hooked that I read also books in one or two days and can't do anything besides *lol*
    Yeah, I also liked the Monster in Rhage and the fact that they both loved Mary *sweet*
    about Zsadist - it wasn't irritating because I kind of had already the feeling in the books before that he was abused in the future because of his strange behaving. But I liked the way Ward wrote to help and change him with the help of Bella. That was great. And it was so funny when Bella was in her 'special moment' and all the men got crazy about it *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds a great read. I have not heard of these books before will add them to my to read list thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey nikki - you definitly have to read them! They are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. J.R. Ward is a fabulous author - You won't be sorry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG i love BDB too, and the brother yummy things indeed, wait till you read Zadist story he´s my favorite brother

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karla... I've finished all the books of BDB! Zsadist's story was one of my favs too!! SNAP! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaaah, you've finished all books now???! AAAh, I want too... but no time at the moment *crap*
    And Zsadist is one of your favorit? whats with Vishous or Matthews story? I'm really looking forward for their history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tina: Yes all the books - I enjoyed ALL of them! Vishous - his story was very interesting and you hear more about him in the last book. Matthew's story - amazing! You are going to love it Tina!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really can't wait. And I'm looking forward to your reviews. Will you make a review of all the books? And have you already read the new one #10??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only read up until book 9, I think book 10 is coming out next year - not sure. I will still do a review on all the books, just haven't had the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm completely taken with this series and I will certaintly be reading them outloud to my Wrath!

    I cannot thank the author enough!
    Please read this, you will never put it down!

    ReplyDelete